What are Cyber Fire Puzzles?
Cyber Fire Puzzles are beginner-friendly cyber security challenges created by the U.S. Department of Energy and Los Alamos National Laboratory. The challenges cover a variety of cyber security topics and offer participants the opportunity to learn more about the field.
Can I work with a team?
Participants can work in teams or alone. If you don’t have a team, we can help you find one. Cyber Fire Puzzles offers a great opportunity to gain experience working on cyber security problems and looks good on your resume and to employers.
Where/When is the event?
This is multi-day event from
- Sat FEB 22, 2020 1 PM - 10 PM
- Sun FEB 23, 2020 9 AM - 3 PM
The event will be held in the Sciences Center Classrooms Building, room number 118.
It is highly recommended that you bring your own laptop; however, we have a limited number of loaner laptops, so please let us know as soon as possible, but no later than noon on Friday February 21, if you need a laptop which we’ll provide first come, first serve.
- Early-bird registration admission (before noon on Friday February 21): $15
- Regular admission: $20
NOTE: All admission fees are used for food & beverage costs during the event. There will be 2 meals and snacks provided during the event.
I’m interested, how do I register?
- For early-bird admission fee, register for the event before noon on Friday February 21 here: https://aub.ie/cyberfire
- Pay the early bird admission fee at Shelby 2116 or 3101A (during normal office hours), during the Ethical Hacking Club meetings Tuesdays at 5 in Shelby 3129 or pay the regular admission fee at the start of the event.
- Come to the event on February 22nd & February 23rd
- Bring a laptop (if you can)
- Bring $20 if you have not paid the early-bird admission fee